In lush green surroundings, the majestic Cave and the modern Prehistoric Museum offer a participative tour that’ll have you dreaming, exploring and learning as you share this let-go experience.
"A big site with multiple aspects.
Only a short distance away from the Gorges de l'Ardeche, explore the wonders of nature and travel through time, in the hearth of one of France's biggest sites with the label of the Ministry of the Environment since 2004.
Hidden in a forest of evergreen oaks, the cave unveils its mystery where as above ground the first Europeans left their footprint while passing through this area...
Come and contemplate, the cave will impress you thanks to its massive volumes and the beaty of its subterranean landscape where nice crystallisations and concretions twine together.
During your 1 hour visit, a passionate tour guide unveils the genius of Lady Nature who for over millions of years shaped this magical world. This tour will lead young and old into a universe where imagination has no limit: piles of plates, forests of giant palmtrees, drapes, ...
On this guided tour, 121 meters deep, a light&sound show highlightens the grandour of the environment, an emotional wave and everlasting souvenir before returning effortlessly with the elevator.
Face to face with our ancestors, the Museum of Prehistory awakens the prehistorical man in each of us!
Digital simulations, demonstrations (fire, flintstone, spear throwing) and other stands give you a new perspective on archeological excavations in the Ardèche and in the north of the Gard. A playful and modern visit.
For sportsmen and nature lovers, we offer a big choice of activities, from caving to a hiking tour in open air.
Playgrounds and picnic area, restaurant, souvenirs and local products will make your visit at the Grand Site of Aven d'Orgnac even more interesting.
Recommended by Michelin Guide, Lonely Planet, Tripadvisor and Green Guide.
Quality Charter/Quality Label
- Famille Plus
- Vineyards and Discovery Accreditation
- Séquence Nature Rhône-Alpes
- Bad weather alternative
- Qualité Tourisme™
- "Accueil Vélo" : Cyclists Welcome label
- Recommended by high heat
- Health protocol
- Average duration of the individual tour: 60 min
- Average duration of the group tour: 60 min
- From 1 years old
- Groups welcome from 20 to 70 people.
- Welcome for business/incentive groups
- Special rate for disabled people
- Special rate for jobseekers
Individual tour services
- Guided individual tours available permanently
- Guided individual tours on request
- Guided inividual tours obligatory
Group tour services
- Guided group tours available permanently
- Guided group tours on request
- Guided group tours obligatory
|From 01 February to 15 November|
|From 26 December to 07 January|
Methods of payment
- Bank/credit card
- Travellers Cheque
- Credit transfer
- Online payment
- Culture Pass
Facilities & services
- Picnic area
- Covered picnic area
- Exhibition space
- Themed path
- Car park
- Sustainable development
- Coach parking
- Photovoltaic panel
- Charging stations for electric vehicles
- Coach access
- Motorhomes allowed
- Tourist brochures
- Fast food
- Temporary exhibition
- Son et Lumière
- Recreational activities
- Tourist cave / Other landscaped natural sites
Tourism adapted to
- WC + grab handle + adequate space to move